Code of Ethics
As members of the Association of Canadian Search Employment & Staffing Services we commit to uphold this Code of Ethics & Standards, and support the principles set forth herein. We acknowledge that compliance with these principles is in the best interests of all member companies, their candidates, employees, client organizations, and the reputation of the search, employment, and staffing services industry in Canada.
Business Practices & General Expectations
1. We will observe the highest principles of integrity, professionalism, and fair practice in dealing with clients, candidates, employees, and all regulatory authorities.
2. We will respect the confidentiality of records in accordance with law and good business practices and commit to maintaining the highest standards of digital security and data privacy. We will ensure that all personal and professional data is protected and stored securely.
3. We will provide leadership in the adherence to both the spirit and letter of all applicable human rights, employment laws and regulations. We will treat all candidates and employees without prejudice and will not accept an order from any client that is discriminatory in any way.
4. We will not recruit, encourage, or entice a candidate whom we have previously placed to leave the employ of our client, nor will we encourage or coerce an individual to leave any assignment before the stated completion date.
5. We will address health and safety matters with clients, candidates and employees and will provide any personal training that may be required. We respect the right of candidates and employees to refuse work that could affect their health and safety and that of others.
6. We will derive income only from clients and make no direct or indirect charges to candidates or employees.
Obligations to Clients, Candidates & Employees
7. We will meet all prescribed requirements and take all reasonable steps to provide clients with accurate information on each candidate’s employment qualifications and experience; and will only present those candidates who have given us authorization to represent their application or employment.
8. We will commit to creating and maintaining an environment where candidates, employees, clients, and other stakeholders feel safe to express their thoughts, questions, and concerns without fear of retribution or humiliation. We believe in promoting a culture of respect, understanding, and open dialogue, recognizing that diverse perspectives enhance our services and the well-being of all involved.
Obligations to Candidates & Employees
9. We will supply candidates and employees with complete and accurate information as provided by the client, regarding terms of employment, job descriptions and workplace conditions; and will promptly pay all wages and benefits due in accordance with the terms of the assignment.
10. We will treat all candidates and employees without prejudice and provide equal employment opportunities, based on bona fide job qualifications, without regard to national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability or on any basis prohibited by law.
11. We will not restrict the right of a candidate or employee to accept employment of their choice.
Respecting Membership Privileges and the Rights of Competitors
12. We will not misuse membership privileges for the purpose of recruiting another member’s staff, or in any way that may otherwise injure our candidates, employees or competitors.
13. We will maintain the highest standards of integrity in all forms of advertising, communication and solicitations: and will conduct our business in a manner designed to enhance the operation, image and reputation of the employment, recruitment, and staffing services industry.
14. We will recognize and respect the rights and privileges of competitors in the true fashion of individual initiative and free enterprise and will refrain from engaging in acts of unfair competition.
We will make every effort to ensure that our clients, candidates and employees are aware of our duty to abide by this Code of Ethics & Standards and such supporting policies and guidelines as may from time to time be adopted by the Association; and will undertake to bring any potential infringements before the appropriate Association body.