Pure Staffing Solutions
Title: Maintenance Technician (Millwright)
Location: Brampton, ON
Shift: 12 hours continental shift Every 2 months
Ref #: JOB-17432
Posted: 13 Aug 2021
Pure Staffing Solutions Inc., a Canadian leader in sourcing skilled trades, engineering, and operations candidates is currently searching for a Licensed Millwright on behalf of our client, a well-established manufacturing company located in Brampton. This is an opportunity to join a top-level organization that cares about the well-being of its employees.
- Perform skilled trade work including Mechanical / Electrical overhauling, installation, and maintenance of all process industry equipment, etc.
- Assist in the maintenance and cleaning of work areas
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities, malfunctions, and failures
- Conduct all preventative and other maintenance activities as per set procedures and measure performance with respect to the total machine downtime
- Perform skilled machining work using lathe, milling machine, shaper, drill press, and other machine tools (as per license)
- Conduct hand fitting of machine parts to very fine tolerances using a variety of tools and equipment used in general shop practices (as per license)
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment including but not limited to pumps, motors, blowers, chillers, dryers, burners, grinders, shredders, fans, tanks, conveyors, according to layout plans using lifting devices, hand and power tools
- Install and inspect all types of piping laying at ground and ceiling level both
- Conduct monitoring of all equipment (Utility equipment) on daily basis and work it accordingly for its smooth running.
- Other than routine maintenance, participate in all improvement and building repair and maintenance projects as guided by the supervisor
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as forklift, scissor lift, cranes, and jacks to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up, and repair of machinery.
- Make timely operational decisions and address/respond to alarm conditions and emergencies under the direction of the Shift Supervisor to ensure operational sustainability and efficiency within established performance guidelines
- Provide updates and maintain the required documentation/ checklist on all work area maintenance activities (work orders and daily activity report).
- Record the spare parts used and submit a request to the Spare Parts Coordinator for replenishing the spares
- Clean dust collector filters and clear evacuation line if required
- 1+ years of North American industrial experience in Millwright trade.
- Certified Millwright license - 433A
- Ability to troubleshoot hydraulics, pneumatic and mechanical issues.
- Strong knowledge of various types of industrial machinery including but not limited to pumps, piping, cooling towers, heat exchangers, motors, blowers, chillers, dryers, burners, grinders, shredders, crystallizers, etc.
- Capable to work with different types of gearboxes compressors grinders and robotics is preferred.
- Must be capable of laying pipes for water, vacuum, and compressed air.
- Must be able to work at heights and use industrial moving and lifting equipment including Scissor lifts, gene boom, forklifts, and ladders, etc.
- Working knowledge of lathe, milling machine, grinder, and hand tools
- Working knowledge of MIG/TIG welding.
- Click to Apply
391 Keele St, Toronto,
ON M6P 2K9, Canada
Edmonton, AB: 780.328.2770
Toronto, ON: 416.760.8001