Reporting to and under the direction of assigned Build Leader, this position is responsible for:
The spotting, fitting, and assembling of the various components of molds/dies according to customer specifications and requirements and as directed.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- The position of Mold Maker is an hourly-rated position.
- The work is performed on a two-shift basis with shift rotation.
- Should be capable of building a complete mold/die under minimal supervision and guidance.
- Must: be able to handle and operate all hand, air and other tools associated with the trade;
- Have good work attendance;
- Be capable of reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings;
- Be available to travel to customer locations if and when necessary;
- Be able to work independently or with others;
- Be able to safely operate an overhead crane system and auxiliary equipment.
- Able to spot and fit mold components,
- Polish mold surfaces.
- Able to operate cut-off saws, mills, lathes, surface grinders, drill presses, etc
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum education level required is Grade 12 or equivalent.
- The successful completion of a Certificate of Qualification as a Mold Maker coupled with a minimum of 5 years of verifiable experience in the trade is preferable.