Detailed responsibilities for this position:
- You will demonstrate and sell the value of specialty ingredients and your monogastric technical expertise in a way that brings real value for your customer and helps you achieve your individual sales
- Strengthening our relationship with our existing clients through regular customer contact to review customer satisfaction and resolve issues or new challenges:
- You will be the key contact for your customers, finding and understanding their needs and using your knowledge of industry resources to recommend approaches that bring real value.
- This will include assisting customers with the evaluation and application of Products that fit their needs. You also offer company service in feed formulation, feed production challenges, and animal management.
- Identifying and prospecting new sales opportunities by first learning and understanding the array of products and offerings. Then, using your knowledge of the Ontario feed industry build your territory business.
- You will work with your Regional Sales Director to develop achievable territory sales goals for products and service in Ontario, establish effective product pricing, and coordinate advertising and promotional material.
- Assist in strategic planning for the Division when required.
Professional Development/Other Duties:
- Attend relevant conferences and technical seminars to learn about current developments in agricultural research and the potential impact on your business.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key participants and influencers in the livestock industry.
- Attend business skills development, training and education conferences, and seminars that enable you to develop your skill base, growing your value as a professional and building your business.
Education and Experience:
Masters degree in monogastric animal nutrition with a minimum of 3 years experience is preferred but not required.
- An ability to understand and effectively communicate technical information as well as deliver public presentations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the livestock industry, including current trends in production systems, business trends, markets and understanding of key participants and influencers.
- Technical background with experience in agriculture production, specifically in poultry and swine.
- The ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally with the sales, research, customers, distributors and other business contacts. Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English required.
- The ability to comply with work-related deadlines, manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and deal professionally and competently during peak periods of activity.
- The ability to travel both domestically and internationally as required.
CLICK TO APPLY