Outline of Duties
This Weld Technician or Automation Specialist is responsible for the completion of assigned tasks associated with the production, installation, and servicing of robotic automation systems. The incumbent assists with shop floor assembly and provides technical troubleshooting support. Typical automation projects include the design of control panels and the integration of robotics, PLC’s, and other related components. Must have strong PLC programming and electrical controls related work experience. More precisely, the incumbent:
- Program robots to comply with the customer’s welding and dimensional specifications, ensuring a quality product.
- Troubleshoot and repair all automated equipment to maintain productivity on a day-to-day basis.
- Set up weld schedules.
- Carryout changeovers of welder for different jobs.
- Maintain weld fixtures, weld guns, and sensing equipment.
- Work and dress safely (i.e. wear proper protective equipment, demonstrate safe use of all machinery and equipment, etc.).
- Adhere to all relevant company policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Must be familiar with and follow all required procedures required for this position.
- Ensure good housekeeping skills at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in a warehouse/manufacturing environment
- Hard-working, team player
- Strong logical decision-making skills
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrates established time management and multitasking skills
- Safety minded individual