- Manages Quality Systems to ensure in-plant compliance with ISO/TS 16949 and standards.
- Initiates manage and conducts system, product and process audits to meet TS/ISO/QSB customer and internal requirements.
- Manages the internal CAR system, verifies the effectiveness of corrective actions and provides guidance to personnel on effective solutions.
- Manages/coordinates – Management Review process and Document Control System
Quality Systems Management:
- Manages the System, Layered and Top Layer/Dock audits. Issues non-conformances based on monthly audit reports
- Develops, modifies, implements Quality Systems and process control related policies, procedures and audits, analyzing them across both machining plants, standardizing the best practice and implement.
- Conducts reviews and ensures all procedures and policies meet the intent of the Quality System standard. Ensures that all customer and quality-related policies and procedures and understood, implemented and enforced.
- Responsible for reporting on the performance of the Quality System for review and as a basis for improvement.
- Monitors in-plant compliance with established standards, methods and procedures. Helps prioritize a variety of projects and activities and directs actions to ensure or improve customer satisfaction and operational efficiencies.
- Coordinates document control (procedures, operator instructions, deviations, forms, etc) with plant Quality Assistants. Oversees customer documentation and coordinates launch activities related to quality.
- Acts as a resource to APQP teams, in-house quality technical resources, and assists with quality training.
- Participates in a variety of problem-solving teams, giving specialist advice, recommending and implementing solutions and evaluating results.
- Conducts Customer Visits and acts as a liaison to the relevant Plants. Frequently travels to customer facilities globally and meets with all levels of leadership to ensure needs and expectations are met.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic files and records. Liaises with sales teams and customers and communicates relevant information to Operations.
- Applies the principles of Scanlon and Participative Management
- Supports and participates in the Continuous Improvement Process.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
- Recognized Lead Assessor qualification (IQA/RAB)
- Excellent computer, organization, planning and communication skills
- Must have an understanding of Quality Systems, to include statistics and problem solving
- Foundry and/or machining experience