- The Quality Assurance Manager ensures that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with Legislation, Internal and Customer Specifications
- This individual is responsible for managing the organization’s quality and Food Safety Policies and Procedures.
- The Quality Assurance Manager will establish performance standards, procedures, audit controls to meet business requirements and identify and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and Quality of Company operations.
- This position leads the GFSI (BRC), HACCP, GMP programs and compliance to the Dairy Establishment Regulations (DEIM) and oversees sanitation programs
- This position oversees the Quality Department including, Supervisors, Quality Systems Coordinator, Laboratory Technicians.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Provide Leadership developing and directing Quality, Food Safety, and Quality Improvement initiatives
- Monitor QA systems and advise management on performance vs set goals Perform internal quality audits to BRC, GMP, and other required standards Collaborate with Customer and Government representatives to ensure full satisfaction with the company’s products and services
- Lead the food safety team and administer established food safety KPI’s
- Establish and maintain a quality program for monitoring supplier quality and food safety.
- Conduct Risk analysis, verification, and validation activities and formal design reviews as applicable.
- Act as liaison with customer and third-party audits and assume responsibility for ensuring corrective and preventative actions are taken in a timely manner
Formal Education – University Degree or diploma in a related field and 10+ years of relevant progressive experience.
Knowledge and Experience –
- Direct knowledge of Quality methodologies including wet chemistry, microbiology, and rapid microbial/ATP detection systems.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, capability studies, and control plans.
- Able to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Detail-oriented and analytical thinker able to interface directly with cross-functional teams
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners and government agencies
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.