Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Read the blueprints and job instruction sheets to verify dimensions, and surface finishes for the component;
- Select and/or prepare to tool for these operations;
- Ensure components are safely secured for processing;
- Ensure effective polishing tasks are completed to specifications and tolerances and/or JIS. Follow the inspection process;
- Ensure proper emery paper is utilized;
- Vapour hone (sandblast) required surfaces in order to meet the specified finish;
- Engraving parts as specified on the drawing;
- Responsible for cleaning of the parts when the polishing process is complete;
- Ensure production of quality parts by verifying the accuracy of these parts to the blueprint or sketches, using CMM, gauges, indicators and other measuring equipment;
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The incumbent of this role should have a High School Diploma with a minimum of three (3) years related experience, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and excellent manual dexterity is required.
- The incumbent must be capable of reading and interpreting documents such as safety policy and procedures, blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.