DETAILS OF DUTIES:
- Mechanical build of automation systems equipment.
- Oversee mechanical installation of equipment at customer locations performed by local contractors.
- Perform assigned customer related preventative maintenance services as set out in Service Level Agreements with individual customers.
- Create formal field service reports in a timely manner proceeding site visits which outline the findings of the visit.
- Liaison with customers to provide solutions through system troubleshooting & diagnostics.
- Responsible for the promotion and follow up of all potential revenue generating opportunities brought to your attention while interacting with our customers.
- Deliver hands-on support and service at customer site occasionally at short notice.
- Participate on work group team projects and/or corporate related activities as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong ability to read mechanical drawings and possess assembly and maintenance skills. Fabrication and machine shop skills and/or electrical knowledge would be considered an asset.
- Ability to train customers on mechanical systems through effective communication, demonstration, and formal instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of multi-function team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to deal courteously and effectively with all levels of staff, the public, customers, partners, and any other potential stakeholders.
- Problem-solving skills, discretion, and demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment when handling confidential/sensitive information and communicating with customers regarding controversial matters.
- Effective organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills, with ability to prioritize work to meet customer service standards and deadlines without compromising service.
- High degree of accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Spoken/written knowledge of additional languages an asset.
- Availability to travel and work flexible shifts including overtime as required related to the installation, training, and service requests of customers.
- Licensed trades-person with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in industrial automation or post-secondary courses in a related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.