- Primary responsibility of the Maintenance Millwright is to maintain all aspects of mechanical equipment and power transmission including, but not limited to:
- Working within established safety standards and practices
- Troubleshooting mechanical failures
- Repairing, re-building, and maintaining equipment
- Demonstrating a strong team member attitude while being able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Recommending changes, modifications or upgrades of equipment to improve machine reliability and performance
- Reading equipment drawings and documentation
- Documenting work, modifications to equipment, etc.
- Communicating well both in writing and verbally
- Candidates must have a high degree of mechanical competence supported by a valid millwright ticket. A candidate with both valid millwright and electrician tickets is desirable.
- The candidate must have a strong knowledge of all applicable OSHA standards, GMP’s, HACCP, and other applicable food and food safety standards.
- The candidate must have regular, prompt attendance, have the ability to climb stairs, lift 25 kg, sit and stand for long periods, be able to work in confined spaces, work with heights, bending, and kneeling. The candidate must be able to work in a plant environment in a variety of environmental conditions including inside and outside, hot and cold temperatures and dusty environments.
- The candidate must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within industrial maintenance.
- Creativity in problem solving is required. The candidate should have experience with coupling and coupling alignments, conveyors, safe rigging practices, hydraulics, cutting, grinding, and welding.
- Candidate must be able to work under time constraints and must be adaptable, dependable and a self-starter.
- Is expected to initiate work based on general instructions from supervisor or management.