- Develop, maintain, administer and manage a department qualified to maintain all equipment and facilities in a safe and efficient working condition. Execute an effective preventive/predictive maintenance program to minimize unscheduled downtime while continually developing your direct reports.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure that employee skill sets are continually developed
- Ensures the implementation of and compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Industrial Establishments, Fire Code, with the company Health and Safety Policy Manual, and ISO policies and procedures.
- Responsible for achieving zero lost time and zero medical aid injuries within his/her department.
- Responsible for controlling costs and expenses. Ensures that the cost of departmental expenditure is within budget. Participate in the annual cost savings program.
- Oversees the hiring of new employees, assists in the evaluation and development of their performance, and initiates discipline as required.
- Ensures that employees are trained to properly perform their tasks without risk to themselves or others or the equipment.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects as required
- Ensure that all operating equipment is maintained in satisfactory condition. The schedule needed repairs to have minimum interference with production.
- Chair, co-chair, and attend department meetings
- Ensure vacation schedules are set while maintaining adequate staffing.
- Allocates and manages skilled labor resources to achieve timely cost-effective repairs.
- Assure that production equipment is capable of producing within the specifications and tolerances established.
- Consult Production Departments regarding desirable modifications of existing equipment and facilities and the possible replacement of existing equipment components which will improve operations and reduce maintenance costs.
- Plan and provide for an adequate supply and ensure control over spare parts and maintenance inventories.
- Work on assigned projects and tasks as required.
- Ensure good housekeeping is maintained through set housekeeping procedures
- Work with the Plant Manager to continually improve safety, facility, equipment, costs, processes, production, and procedural conditions and systems
- Participate in teams to qualify, purchase, and commission new processes, products, and equipment.
- Minimum 10 years working knowledge in the maintenance field
- Minimum 5 years experience Supervising/Managing people within a maintenance role
- Hold a valid Electrical designation
- Working knowledge of MS office suite
- Manufacturing and mechanical understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and chilling systems. Experience with packaging or printing equipment