DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Preparation and fabrication of sub-assemblies (cutting, drilling, grinding, tapping, etc).
- for final installation Move, align and install subassemblies and components Fit, modify and assemble prefabricated metal parts to build heavy industrial machinery
- Install major components such as compressor, gear motors, hydraulic assemblies, rolls, Actuators Cutting, fitting, crimping hydraulic/pneumatic hoses. Bending, fitting installing hydraulic/pneumatic tubing.
- Performance testing of complete machines. Prepare units for shipping (add decals, clean, etc). Maintain a safe and non-hazardous work environment at all times.
- Assist loading & unloading or supplies or parts in the Shipping/Receiving department
- Hands-on experience working with all types of shop tools (mechanic / millwright training an asset)
- Experience working with or servicing heavy equipment, machinery and / or hydraulics is an asset, including coil equipment, hydraulic service, air compressors etc.
- Experience with safe rigging and lifting operations, using overhead cranes and chain falls an asset
- Able to follow technical drawings and instructions
- Able to do basic welding an asset
- Physically able to work on a variety of equipment (climbing/crawling/bending/stretching, lifting 60+lbs etc.)