Lead Process Engineer
The Lead Process Engineer is expected to be fully qualified in the application of Chemical Engineering skills and independently applies this knowledge in practical applications. This role provides a technical resource to provide expertise in specific fields of interest e.g. Heat Transfer, Process Development and Modelling and Optimization, Process separations and or Fluid Mechanics and Mixing.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for product development from conceptualization through commercialization
- Establishing product acceptance criteria, determine test protocols and test conditions, access process capability and specification compliance for a production environment.
- Responsible for defining project development strategy and reporting feasibility and risks on moderately complex projects. Collaborates with cross functional team members to determine cost, platform and resource requirements to bring products to market on time, correct the first time, and within budget.
- Establish performance specifications and tolerances for new products taking into account filling and handling conditions beyond defined customer specifications.
- Where applicable, specify technical and operational requirements and order prototype tooling and change parts for new product development.
- Direct process lab activities; coordinate with lab technicians, work to acquire change parts, materials, tooling, and support injection/blow to facilitate the manufacture of unit containers and publish process lab work requests and related sampling plans and results
- Coordinate corrective action plans, including design reviews, process improvements and quality systems.
- Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 5+ years of relevant industry/subject matter experience (in one or more of areas such as Heat Transfer, Process Separations, Fluid mechanics and Mixing, Process Development Modelling & Optimization etc.)
- Experience in statistical analysis and process control and stability.
- Knowledge of injection molding and/or stretch blow molding machinery and process with R/PET plastics.
- Knowledge of property enhancing material additives
- Computer skills including Microsoft Project, Excel, Work, Access and PowerPoint