- Ensure work procedures are being strictly adhered to
- Advise Lead Hand Painter of any and all problems and/or bottlenecks in the process
- Inspect equipment for cleanliness and damage
- Clean, wash, and sanding of parts to remove corrosion
- Fill dents and imperfections, or prepare items for application of paint, lacquer or other protective coatings.
- Select appropriate paint or mix paints according to a pre-determined formula or customer specifications.
- Operate hand-held spray gun to spray paint or coat stationery items with a protective coating in the spray booth.
- Ensure painted surfaces meet Quality Standards, Customer Standards, and Paint Manufacture requirements in order to meet all Warranty Standards
- Maintain clean, orderly work areas – daily 5S
- Follow all Occupational Health & Safety regulations and Company Policies & Procedures.
- Grade twelve education or equivalent.
- 1 – 2 years previous work-related experience industry-related or automotive paint finishes, bodywork, and prepping parts.
- Must be detailed oriented with high standards in quality.
- Excellent communication skills are written & verbal
- WHMIS training, crane training, tow motor training, and training with magnets or other lifting devices.
- Knowledge of correct ratios relating to paint mixtures / thinners / catalyst / cure times / coat density.