Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily plant safety audits and activities designed to monitor the effectiveness of the company’s EHS programs
- Assist in the health and safety evaluation of new machinery and make recommendations to Management to make new equipment safer.
- Assist in health and safety training for such areas as orientation, WHMIS, Lift Truck, Tugger, Cranes, Respirator Training, Fire Prevention, Safe Solvent Handling, Isocyanates, etc.
- Maintenance of the Hazard Communications System (MSDS’s)
- Corrective action follow-ups
- Develop and deliver SOS safety talks
- Field health and safety concerns where necessary
- WSIB Claims Management
- Assist in developing, and monitoring, return to work programs of injured FTM’s.
- Reporting Report accidents, accident trends, and countermeasures to the Management, JHSC, and team members on a daily, and monthly basis
- Minimum post-secondary education, 2 years’ experience in a related field
- Individual needs to have strong organizational skills and be able to demonstrate the skills of multitasking while under stressful situations
- Education level will be considered