Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- To observe all safety rules/regulations and perform duties in a safe and efficient manner. Adheres to all safety guidelines, must take active role in promoting a safe work place. You have to perform your duties safely with minimal supervision. Actively participate in all safety programs including, Energy Isolation and 6S.
- Execute all Preventative Maintenance work orders.
- Follow up on all PM work and assess the effectiveness of the PM.
- Follow weekly and bi-monthly maintenance checklist/log for all machines.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of all production equipment, coordinate and assist outside contractors in repairing and maintaining other auxiliary and plant equipment i.e. electro-treat, grinders, compressor, chiller, dryers.
- Discuss machine issues / problems with Machine operators and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintain accurate log of maintenance for each machine.
- Requires being familiar with spare parts.
- Recommend alternative parts to improve reoccurring problems.
- Review together with the Maintenance Manager all spare parts usage and contribute in managing the spare parts inventory.
- To provide routine maintenance and inspection of boiler, chiller, tower water, HP and LP compressors and other associated auxiliary equipment.
- Ensure compliance with TSSA, MOL and Ministry of Environment agencies.
- Perform regular maintenance on various areas within the building.
- Keep assigned work area clean, neat, organized and free from safety hazards.
- Flexible to work with all departments, ( Deco, Extrusion Blow Mold and Injection Stretch Blow Mold),
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
- 442A Industrial Ticket
- College diploma in electrical and/or electronic area of study
- Able to read and write English preferred. Must have strong verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate to all levels. Must be a self-starting, inwardly motivated and proactive individual. Needs to be able to work productively with a minimum amount of supervision and follow up.
- This position requires good visual acuity and some lifting, stooping, and bending. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds, frequently to check in and put away inventory and supplies.
- Must have the ability to handle stress and the pressures of multiple tasks, demanding schedules and deadlines, diverse personalities, and daily conflicts. Conflict resolution skills are vitally important
- *** On the job training will be conducted as per the established training schedule***