DETAILS OF DUTIES:
- The electrical build of automation systems equipment. This includes electrical panels, HMI’s, various motor controls, safety circuits, field wiring, cable carriers, and Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV).
- Oversee electrical installation of equipment at customer locations performed by local contractors.
- Respond to inquiries, questions, concerns from individual employees and departments. This involves providing technical support in the area of electrical builds.
- Responsible for the compliance of the ISO standard. This includes filling in the appropriate documents when necessary and ensuring these are filed correctly.
- Provide ongoing assistance and support in the day to day activities of the shop.
- Assist with shop maintenance as required.
- Responsible for ensuring the shop floor is clear of hazards. This includes reporting hazards to the Production Manager when they are encountered and assisting with the elimination and prevention of these hazards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong ability to read electrical drawings, mechanical assembly and maintenance skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build electrical panels and equipment while utilizing sound safety practices.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the multi-function team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to deal courteously and effectively with all levels of staff, customers, vendors, partners, and any other potential stakeholders.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures, standards, regulations, public safety, and security.
- Spoken/written knowledge of additional languages an asset.
- Licensed Electrician with Industrial Electrician (442A) license or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience as an Electrician in an industrial/engineering/automation environment.