- Build relationships with Contractors, and Builders in the industry
- Create relationships for future sales development.
- Track the competition; such as their clients, pricing strategy and new product to market launches.
- Ensure discount and pricing policies are consistent and fair with Companies margins in mind at all times.
- Assist A&D reps in finalizing sales and increasing the contractor/rep relationship.
- Handle matters for the Project Channel, with the support of project managers working with these types of customers (builders and millworks). Including, but not limited to, technical documents and product certifications, available to the employee by either an IPad or tech binder.
- Visit project worksites that are underway in order to guarantee the correct installation.
- Maintain company image by building positive work relationships, ensuring client confidentiality, adhering to shop safety standards, and always maintaining a professional and positive company image.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role and industry.
- Strong product knowledge.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Able to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Experience in industrial and commercial construction
- A strong communicator; willing to teach and share ideas with others.
- Strong follow-through skills; able to see projects and timelines through to fruition.
- Have a professional appearance.
- Skilled in MS Office Suite
- A team player who is willing and able to work with other sales team members.
- Strong organization skills.
- Have a reliable and accessible form of transportation to and from clients and meetings.
- Openness to accept new techniques in product knowledge, training, and problem-solving
What is considered an asset?
- Previous experience in flooring or surfaces industry experience considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Prophet21
- Experience in Design/Build construction
- Experience and/or knowledge of interior design
- High levels of enthusiasm
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations