- Plan machining by studying, blueprints, models, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Create tool paths/programs for CNC Machines using Mastercam, OMAX Intelli-MAX, G Codes, and Conversational programming methods. Input program information into machines, including zero reference points, setting tool length offsets, and cutter compensation.
- Set-up equipment by installing and adjusting three-jaw and four-jaw chucks, vices, fixtures, tools, and attachments.
- Verify settings and maintain part specifications by measuring first-off part and sample workpieces during operation, adjusting and reprogramming controls, sharpening and replacing worn tools as needed to ensure part to print accuracy, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Prepare a material cut list for new projects.
- Maintain 5S in CNC Machining area.
- Deburr parts in preparation for the next operation and/or Quality Inspection.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures set forth by the company’s Health and Safety Manual in conjunction with the OHSA. Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, adding/mixing coolant, topping up oils, following manufacturer’s instructions. Troubleshooting malfunctions, identifying and reporting any required repairs.
- Accomplish organization’s goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests. Any additional tasks as requested by the Manufacturing Manager.
- Post Secondary Education: Apprenticeship Training Program
- 3-5 years of experience in Precision Machining, CNC Programming( Mastercam), Blueprint Reading, GD&T
- Knowledge of 3-4 axis CNC machining(CNC Lathe will be a definite asset)
- Knowledge of best practice machining and work holding methods.
- While we appreciate all interests, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.