CNC Lathe Operator Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Determine machining requirements, dimensional specifications, and set up requirements from programs, process sheets, and blueprints
- Load CNC Program into machine control. Ensures effective production of quality parts by checking these parts to drawings or sketches using gauges and measuring equipment.
- Select, pre-set and install live tooling in tool posts, turrets or indexing heads and automatic tool change magazine as required by the sequence.
- Complete first run inspection and complete spot checks for conformance to specifications.
- Reads process sheets and blueprints of the part to determine machining to be done, dimensional specifications, set up, and operating requirements.
CNC Lathe Operator Qualifications
- Minimum of three years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Completion of General Machinist Apprenticeship would be helpful, but not required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Thorough knowledge of trigonometry.