We are looking for a Brake Press Operator to join our QCI Cambridge facility on the afternoon shift. As the Brake Press Operator, you will be responsible for the safe operation of the brake presses for forming various still gauges and material as per the part specific drawing. You will select appropriate tooling and use a variety of measuring equipment to assure that tolerances are maintained as per blueprint specifications.
- You will ensure all parts comply with the blueprint specifications and quality standards. Parts that are out of specification or damaged are to be segregated and quality assurance notified for disposition.
- You will select the program that corresponds with the part number.
- You will select the specified dies that are listed on the traveler.
- You will ensure WIP tags and updated traveler move to the next operation as per the control of product document.
- You will perform preventative and predictive maintenance on facility machinery.
- You will complete daily maintenance and repair logs.
- You will communicate and assist co-workers, operators, supervisors, and lead hands when required.
- You will maintain and secure work tools.
- You will complete ITP paperwork.
Your Skill Set
- At a minimum, you have a grade twelve education or equivalent, with basic reading, writing, and some advanced mathematics skills.
- You have the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- You have the ability to work independently or as part of a team and you have excellent problem-solving skills.
- You have 2 years of experience as a Brake Press Operator.